When it comes to enhancing your eyelashes, there’s nothing better than using false lashes for a fast and easy improvement. However, contrary to popular belief, applying false lashes can be a difficult task to fulfill. It doesn’t matter if you’re a seasoned makeup artist or a complete newbie, false lash application can prove to be quite the challenge. However, there are various tips and tricks that you can utilize. These tips can help boost your chances of getting that fluttery look you’ve always wanted to have.
Many of us have tried and failed to achieve that amazing fake lash look. If you are among these people struggling to get the most out of your false lashes, then it’s time for a change. With the season of partying being just around the corner, a lot of us are already hell-bent on looking for a solution to our eyelash woes.
We all know the struggle of adding a pair of false lashes just to improve our looks instantly, so here’s a quick and easy way to correctly apply your lashes right on the very first attempt.
The Right Way To Apply False Eyelashes
Your makeup journey will be a disaster if you have sloppy eyelashes. Too much glue can cause visible lumps and bumps on your eyeshadow. Apply too little, and your lashes will fall off without you even noticing it. Avoid these makeup misfortunes by following the easy steps below.
Curl Your Real Eyelashes and Apply Mascara
Before adding fake lashes, give your real lashes a little boost first by adding a thin serum of mascara. Doing this will create a natural effect that will reinforce your false lashes later.
Trim Your Eyelashes To Fit Perfectly With Your Eye
There will be some people who get too excited that they stick their eyelashes right away without making pre-preparations. While there is nothing wrong with this (if you know what you’re doing), it pays to make preparations before applying your false eyelashes. Keep in mind that everyone’s eyes are of different shapes and sizes. To ensure perfect application, trim your eyelashes in an exact proportion with your eye to ensure that it will fit perfectly once you apply it.
Apply The Glue First And WAIT
Keep in mind that proper application requires the adhesive to become sticky, which requires a bit of time before you can finally apply the fake lashes. So instead of putting them in right away, wait for at least 30 seconds before applying.
Stick Them Way Down Your Lashes
Fake lashes serve to reinforce your real lashes and give it a thicker and more vibrant look. For that overall natural look, you need to place your fake lashes where your original bulk of lashes begin. To do this, simply look downwards and press the eyelashes along your lash line, all while also pushing down the center, the outer edge, and the inner corner.
Tips For Perfect False Lash Application And Maintenance
- Before applying fake lashes, make sure that you’ve already used all of your eye makeup before proceeding. Otherwise, the false eyelashes will get in the way.
- To have that all-natural look, set your eyelashes by pinching and pushing both your natural and false lashes together. Take note that you need to have applied mascara at this point.
- Add some slight amounts of glue along your lash line to make your eyelashes stick firmly and let it last longer on your eyelids.
- To prevent pop-ups, soften your eyelashes by following your fake lashes around your finger before application. You can also use an old makeup brush.
- You will also require trimming your eyelashes to give a more natural and fine-looking appearance. Trim the outer edge of your eyelashes. To prevent your lashes from over-chopping, cut straight from the vain.
- To prevent your false eyelashes from being ruined, it is important that you take them out of the box in the right manner. To do this, take it out from the outer edge instead of the inner.
- Position a mirror near you. This mirror will enable you to look down as you apply your false lashes.
- To keep each end firm and secure, apply a bit more glue on the inner corner and on the outer edges.
- To prolong lash life, do not apply mascara once they are on.
- NEVER pull your fake eyelashes off when you are through with them. Instead, use an oil-based makeup remover and cotton buds.
- You can still reuse your eyelashes after a single use. Gently wash them with hot and cold water before pulling off any old and dry glue with sharp tweezers.
We are hoping that this guide will help you with your false eyelash problems. Just keep in mind that false eyelashes are not as hard to apply. It does take a little bit of patience, time, and getting used to. But once you do master the arts of false lash application, you will soon realize that it is capable of improving your looks and transforming you’re from an ordinary woman, into an appealing goddess.